Learn new technology skills or improve existing skills like website building, smartphone app programming and advanced computer techniques.
About this Service
- Treehouse is an online video and interactive learning platform.
- Training is specifically designed with new learners in mind.
- All content is focused on technology and includes content that teaches mobile, front-end and back-end web development in a variety of programming languages:
- Web design and development
- How to start a business
- Android or iPhone app development
- Markup languages such as HTML and CSS
- Creative software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Browse all learning topics
Eligibility & Rules
- Non-restricted library card in good standing required. Juvenile, Online, New Patron & Teacher cards are not eligible
- Your name, library card number and personal email address must match the information in your library account.
- An online account linked to a personal email account is required. If you are under the age of 13, a parent or guardian should open this account.
- Create a New Treehouse Account
- Complete the Treehouse Account Request form and check the box for "New Treehouse Account".
- It may take up to 3 days to process your request for access to Treehouse.
- Once your request is processed, Treehouse will send you an email confirming creation of your account.
- We have a limited number of accounts for Treehouse users. Accounts with limited or no activity for more than 14 days may be deactivated. Deactivated accounts retain your course progress and can be turned on again by the library at your request.
- Reactivate a Treehouse Account
- Complete the Treehouse Account Request form and check the box to "Reactivate Treehouse Account".
- Note: Submitting a request to reactivate an old account, but using a different name, library card number or email address will delay account activiation.
- If you already have an active Washington-Centerville Public Library account with Treehouse, please log in here.
Tutorials & Help