The Library makes it easier to plan your next trip! Passport processing and photos by appointment on weekends and selected evenings. Plus, we help you find important travel information including travel alerts, destination guidance and foreign language tutorials.
About this Service
- Passport processing services are available by appointment only. See below for service locations and hours.
- Appointments generally take up to half an hour per person.
- Appointments are not available during holiday weekends.
- There is a fee for this service. See the list below for cost and details on what to bring to the appointment.
- Check the U.S. Department of State website for current processing time which may vary.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State's passport information page for more details and special circumstances.
Locations & Hours
- Centerville Library (Service is available at this location. See hours below.)
- Monday & Wednesday, 6-8 PM
- Saturday, 10 - 3 PM
- Call: 937-433-8091 to schedule an appointment
- Woodbourne Library (Location closed for renovation and expansion. This service will be available at this location beginning Tuesday, October 2 after the Library reopens on Sunday, September 23, 2018.)
- Tuesday & Thursday, 6-8 PM
- Saturday, 10 - 3 PM*
- Call: 937-435-3700 to schedule an appointment
New Passports & What to Bring
- Additional documentation is required for minors under the age of 16.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (one of the following:)
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
- Certified birth certificate issued by city, county, or state
- Naturalization certificate
- Current, valid Ohio driver's license, government ID or military ID
- Note: A Social Security card is NOT a valid form of identification.
- Note: If you present an out-of-state driver's license, the State Department requires that you also present a secondary ID.
- Social Security Number
- Passport Photo (1 required)
- Have your passport photo taken at the library during your appointment for $10 per photo (available for persons five years and older)
- Photo Requirements:
- 2" x 2" in size
- taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- in color
- full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from bottom of chin to top of head
- taken in normal street attire
- (for more complete details to assure that your photos are acceptable, please visit the Department of State's Photo Requirements)
- Passport Book Fee
- $110 Adult
- $80 Minors
- AND/OR Passport Card Fee
- Payable to: "U.S. Department of State" (check or money order only)
- Execution Fee
- Check or money order payable to "Washington-Centerville Public Library" or cash, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover
Renewing an Adult U.S. Passport
- Adult renewals can be done by mail
- No need to schedule an appointment with a Passport Agent
- Follow the instructions outlined by the U.S. Department of State for Renewal