Each fall, the Library conducts a series of visits specifically for fifth grade classes. We provide information on how to use the Library for research, including:
Can't get to the Library for a class visit, or just need a quick refresher on how to use the Library? View our 5th Grade Research Instructional Video & Scavenger Hunt.
For more information on our annual Fifth Grade Visits contact the Children's Department via email or by phone at 937-433-8091, extension 3.
We can tailor an age-appropriate presentation to suit the needs of your students, including:
- A tour of the library
- A storytime with one of our Children's librarians
- Instruction on using the Library's catalog to find materials and resources
- A presentation on accessing the Internet via our Information Stations, or using our Play & Learn Stations
- Research help for class projects, or instruction on using our Research Databases
- Checking out library materials to take home
To schedule a personalized class visit contact the Children's Department by email or by phone at 937-433-8091, extension 3. Please contact us at least a week in advance of your desired visit date.