Donate gently used books and audio visual materials or funds to purchase new materials.
Consider donating money to purchase a book of your choice. A bookplate featuring the Storytime sculpture, The Record sculpture or Library's logo will acknowledge the honoree and/or donor. Complete a Donation and Dedication Request Form and mail it to the Centerville Library along with your donation.
Guidelines for Donating Materials:
- Please see the list below for items that will be accepted. Please consider donating items we cannot accept to another non-profit like your local Goodwill store.
- No more than 5 boxes of materials will be accepted.
- For larger donations, please contact Kadie Crawford at email@example.com in advance to schedule a drop off.
- Please bring donations to the Checkout Desk at Centerville Library, Monday through Friday during during normal business hours.
- Items the Library does not add to the collection will be passed along to the Friends of Washington-Centerville Public Library, a 501c3 non-profit that makes grants to the Library from selling donated and discarded books at annual book sales.
- Donation receipts are available, however, the Library cannot state the value of a donation.
Donations of the following items ARE ACCEPTED for possible inclusion in the collection:
- Antiquarian, Rare, and Collectible Books
- Books (children, young adult, and adult)
- Board Books
- Paperback Books
- Music CDs
- Books on CD or Playaway
- DVDs & Blu-rays
- Video Games
Donations of the following items WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Damaged, dirty or heavily used materials (i.e. items with mildew, mold, dirt, water damage, missing pages/covers)
- Annuals and Yearbooks
- Audio cassettes, VHS tapes, LP Records
- Britannica, World Books, or any type of Encyclopedia
- Case Law and Procedural Books
- Dated Reference Material (over 5 years)
- Directories, Telephone books
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Tax and Government Document Forms