The primary purpose of Community Rooms/Creativity Space within Washington-Centerville Public Library locations are for Library-related activities. When no library activities are scheduled, rooms are available to Centerville/Washington Township residents and non-profit organizations, at no charge, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Read the following guidelines and then complete a Room Reservation Request form.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid Washington-Centerville Public Library card. At the discretion of library staff, students under age 18 may use rooms for group projects or study.
- Rooms may be booked no more than three months in advance, by submitting an online Room Reservation Request form. The Library reserves the right to limit the number of Community Room/Creativity Space reservations for an organization based on demand for meeting space.
- Non-profit community organizations must be based out of Centerville or Washington Township to reserve Community Rooms/Creativity Space.
- Community Rooms/Creativity Space may only be used during normal Library operating hours. Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to Library closing.
- Food is permitted in Community Rooms, but not the Creativity Space.
- The Library reserves the right to assign and/or reassign groups to the Community Room/Creativity Space that best fits their needs.
- Community Rooms/Creativity Space may not be used for social activities, parties, commercial purposes/endeavors, or gatherings that advertise a product/service or political rallies.
- In promoting an event on Library property, refrain from implying Library sponsorship.
- Individuals and non-profit groups must adhere to the Rules of Conduct for using Washington-Centerville Public Library and Library Solicitation Policies.
- Some audio-visual equipment is available for public use in Community Rooms.
- Visiting organizations are responsible for set up and clean-up of the room, as well as operation of any audio-visual equipment.
- Organizations charging a fee to attend a meeting may do so only when fee is intended to cover meeting costs (handouts, food, etc). Payment of such fees shall not be handled by Library staff.
- When not reserved, rooms may be used by "walk-ins". A valid Washington-Centerville Public Library card is required.